Monitor, moderate, and monetize live and on-demand streaming content across major social media and user-generated content (UGC) platforms
Social media and user-generated content (UGC) platforms are used by over a billion active users every month. One of the key features they offer is the ability to share high-definition video content at a massive scale. This has unfortunately and unintentionally created a zero-cost hosting service for pirate streams, both live and non-live. Regardless of whether platforms offer tools to combat piracy, an active stance is required in order to protect intellectual property which, if left unattended, can be easily accessible by this massive userbase.
To address that problem, OpSec® SocialStream is a complete suite of services tailored specifically to address streaming piracy on all major social media and UGC platforms.
Key features include:
- Real-time detection and blocking of unauthorized live and non-live streams upon upload, leveraged by tight integration with Facebook Rights Manager and YouTube Content ID/CMS (Creator Studio)
- Fully-managed services including ingestion of reference feeds, match policy implementation, dispute management, and management of exclusion lists
- Real-time monitoring across live and non-live streams in public and private groups
- Deep integrations with YouTube and Facebook APIs
- Detection and takedown in more than 70 social media and UGC platforms where no rights management tools are available
- Audio and video fingerprint verification of unauthorized streams complements precision enforcement rules to block, monitor, and remove content
- Monetization options can be combined with enforcement rules according to client requirements
- Audience measurement signals to quantify the viewership for unauthorized streams
- OpSec® Focus – Clips & Highlights: an optional add-on that boosts OpSec® SocialStream scanning frequency to provide near-live detection of unauthorized video on-demand highlights content when time is of the essence – an indispensable tool to detect short clips during and after live events on non-live platforms
- OpSec® Cascade removes the complexity associated with ensuring all platforms have the correct reference content. OpSec can syndicate any content to target platforms on your behalf in the correct format, securely and automatically.
The global movie industry’s revenue losses from digital piracy are between $40 and $97.1 billion per year.
(GIPC, NERA Economic Consulting)