The Warehouse Team Member supports shipping, receiving, and inventory control operations including accurately and safely completing physical tasks as well as computer data entry. This role includes training and certification on warehouse tools including the operation of forklifts or other similar motorized equipment. The Warehouse Team Member works closely with the other Warehouse Team Members, team leadership and members of other departments to achieve daily shipment goals while supporting the overall success of OpSec.
The Warehouse Team Member’s duties will include the physical handling of inventory as well as data entry, labeling, and other computer-related tasks in the following areas:
- Outbound: Picking, packing, shipping, staging and loading trucks
- Inbound: Truck-unloading, receiving, staging and put-away
- Inventory Control and Verifying: Cycle counting, returns, transfers and scrap processing
- Other warehouse tasks as directed by the Warehouse Lead or Warehouse Manager
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be able to follow written and verbal work instructions, SOP documents and other related guides to complete processes safely and accurately according to established department metrics.
- Must have basic math skills and be able to accurately calculate quantities, prices, etc. with or without the assistance of a calculator.
- Must be able to learn to use various software programs required for completing basic daily tasks.
- Must be able to troubleshoot issues using existing procedures and escalate appropriately when necessary.
- Must be team-oriented, willing to proactively assist others when needed, and willing to seek opportunities for additional training as needed.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with teammates, leadership, and members of other departments. This includes scheduling, email, and calendar management.
- Must be able to complete OpSec-provided certification in the operation of a Forklift/Reach Truck.
- Must be able to demonstrate consistency in adhering to all department and company expectations including but not limited to safety, attendance, productivity, and accuracy in a fast-paced warehouse environment.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Working knowledge of MS Office products, especially MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license
- Forklift and pallet jack experience
- Minimum of 2 years of warehouse experience
- Minimum of 2 years working with an ERP system
- Reports directly to the Warehouse Manager and also receives daily work direction including specific work assignments or re-assignment from the Warehouse Lead.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Though the warehouse is climate-controlled, some tasks may require briefly working in hot or cold conditions for short periods such as loading/unloading trucks.
- Some tasks may require working above ground level up to 20’ such as while using certain equipment to pick orders.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.