Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Global Operations Director, the Supply Chain Manager is responsible for coordinating the logistics of all aspects of the supply chain including the development of strategy, raw material and service sourcing and purchasing, production planning and scheduling, delivery, logistics and return system. This includes shared production planning, scheduling, inventory management and shipping of global products to minimize inventory and freight costs and maximize product availability.
- Coordinate inventory and product movement to ensure that all customers receive their orders efficiently and timely, achieving established OTIF targets.
- Direct the management of raw material, WIP and finished goods inventories to ensure the lowest inventory carrying costs possible while maximizing sales opportunities for stocked and make-to-order-items.
- Define and manage Lancaster demand planning and production scheduling to achieve efficient production plans and labor utilization.
- Jointly manage transaction card production schedules and inventory with US and UK operations to minimize inventory carrying and freight costs and ensure product availability.
- Manage high security vault product movement and inventory to ensure compliance with OpSec best practices and customer security protocols.
- Direct the OpSec Distribution Center ensuring on time deliveries at the lowest cost or per customer specifications. Ensure monthly and annual inventory cycle counts are accurate and inaccuracies are quickly identified and corrected.
- Establish, publish and analyze supply chain performance metrics for all disciplines to identify and implement improvement opportunities.
- Working with engineering and R&D, direct the sourcing of raw materials and services, ensuring dual sourcing of critical materials.
- Develop material cost forecasts, standard cost lists and evaluate monthly performance.
- Negotiate prices and terms with vendors and freight fowarders.
- Manage the import/export function to ensure strategic management of freight carrier relationships and legal requirements.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals, and vendor agreements for legal correctness, price, and acceptability of items to specifications.
- Negotiate or supervise the negotiation of complex requests for equipment, supplies, and services from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Direct the preparation and issuance of purchase orders and change notices.
- Develop and maintain a system to evaluate vendor quotations that utilizes appropriate negotiation and purchasing techniques to ensure optimum quality, price, delivery, and service from suppliers.
- Establish a robust vendor evaluation process to continuously evaluate vendor quality and delivery performance via on-site audits, score cards and performance metrics.
- Develop employees and maintain critical supply chain strategies and procedures as part of the Quality Management System and continuous improvement program, including supply chain processes, workflows, cycle times, and system flows.
- Actively monitor and identify threats to or opportunities in the supply chain via industry news, research, press releases, professional organizations and sales forecasts; develop, communicate and implement strategies for successful re-design of supply chain when required. Continue to learn and incorporate leading world class supply chain practices.
- Participate in the coordination of engineering changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow.
- Conduct life cycle analyses to determine the environmental impacts of products, processes, or systems. Design or implement supply chains that support environmental policies.
- Design, implement, or oversee product take back or reverse logistics programs to ensure products are recycled, reused, or responsibly disposed.
- Evaluate and select information or other technology solutions to improve tracking and reporting of materials or products’ distribution, storage, or inventory.
- Identify opportunities to reuse or recycle materials to minimize consumption of new materials, minimize waste, or to convert wastes to by-products.
- Build robust, sustainable systems using MRP system to facilitate accurate and timely reporting of operational activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability managing cost performance, supply/demand forecasting and distribution execution across a variety of product lines from multiple sources.
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong relationships with sales, vendors and operations.
- Strong analytic, financial and P&L skills required.
- Superior communication, presentation, and analytic skills.
- Ability to establish credibility across organization, team building and engaging all levels to ensure effective, efficient logistics solutions for the varied business units.
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in fast-paced changing environment while assessing, planning and facilitating change.
- Ability to travel with some notice.
Education and Experience:
- BA in Supply Chain Management or business degree with comparable experience.
- 7+ years supply chain management experience in progressively senior positions, preferably in a manufacturing environment with make-to-order and make-to-stock workflows.
- In-depth knowledge and experience developing supply chain strategy, key processes and best practices to maximize product availability while minimizing costs.
- Strong import/export knowledge and experience.
- APICS designation preferred.
- Reports to the Global Operations Director
- This position does have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.