Senior Product Manager for the growing product line Brand & Fashion Identity Technologies within a specialist authentication and brand protection business, responsible for revenue growth through product lifecycle management, customer and segment assessment and prioritization, and strategic roadmap planning. Previous experience within the market of Brand Apparel Labeling Solutions and Brand Protection security features is a must.
As Senior Product Manager for the Brand & Fashion Identity Technologies business, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving revenue growth through assessing current and future market requirements, building strategic product and service roadmaps, and driving go-to-market strategy through understanding and prioritizing customer segments, designing appropriate pricing and service models, and ongoing product lifecycle management. Acting as the conduit between customers, the business, and technology teams, responsibilities will include:
- Overall responsibility for the Brand & Fashion Identity Technologies product line, which includes proprietary optical security features and other overt and covert on-product and digital technologies.
- Driving future roadmap requirements through ongoing interaction with customers and key internal stakeholders.
- Assessing current and future customer challenges and opportunities to get ahead of technical design cycles for new products, features or solutions.
- Collaborating with other product managers internally to re-package solutions as required.
- Identifying and prioritizing key end-customer segments based on their requirements and our ability to serve them.
- Assessing the competitive environment and creating appropriate product and service strategies to succeed.
- Performing win/loss analysis to understand why we’re winning or losing in customer product assessment processes.
- Identifying and mapping the value your product line can deliver at different stages of the Brand and Apparel Labeling Solutions value chain and creating growth strategies to serve appropriate stages most effectively.
- Creating appropriate business plans to drive internal investment decisions in the Brand & Fashion Identity Technologies business.
- Defining go-to-market strategy and enabling sales teams through appropriate product training.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Directly customer-facing, with the ability to distill customer market problems into actionable product strategy.
- Strong collaborator, able to achieve product objectives through working with wide-reaching internal stakeholders, from technology teams to marketing.
- Able to demonstrate an innovative approach to product road-mapping, including early-stage (pre-product) market testing.
- Critical assessment of single-customer technology advancements, and the ability to commercialize custom projects through targeting wider customer segments, defining priorities and go-to-market plans.
- Adept at navigating technology-first conversations to identify and assess commercial and customer-driven implications and opportunities.
Education and Experience:
Experience of the market for Brand Apparel Labeling Solutions and Brand Protection is a pre-requisite for this role:
- Knowledge of Brand and Apparel Labeling Solutions and/or Brand Protection market
- Understanding of the application of authentication technologies to protect retail brand owners and their supply chains
- Knowledge of integration of digital and physical (on-product) security technologies to provide protection against counterfeiting and the gray market (parallel imports)
- Understanding of criminal, counterfeit activities and reasons for sophisticated brand protection technologies
- Experience of the Pragmatic Institute / Pragmatic Marketing framework is preferred, but not required.
- This role currently reports to the Global Product Line Director for Fashion & Brand Identity Technologies.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Some travel may be required post COVID-19 restrictions as appropriate.
- With an international remit, some flexibility may be required to ensure global customers are represented in market assessment activities.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical (on-product), digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 750 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.