Crowther, Washington UK
OpSec Security is looking for a strong, talented, multi-tasking Senior Software Engineer to join our Anti-Piracy Engineering team in EMEA. You will design, develop, implement and test innovative anti-piracy solutions, working on leading edge technology and Cloud environments.
You will be working in an Agile, solution-driven development team on a variety of projects, ranging from maintaining our existing systems to building new, cutting edge solutions. Reporting to the Development Manager, you must have a passion for the best development practices, latest technology and solving challenging technical problems.
- Design and develop market leading Anti-Piracy solutions.
- Build highly available cloud based distributed systems.
- Successfully implement development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews.
- Support non-technical members of staff.
- Keep abreast of new technology developments.
- Design and work with complex data models.
- Mentor less-senior software developers on development methodologies and optimisation techniques.
- Maintain and optimise our current systems.
- Monitor and assist software releases by coordinating work with various teams across the globe.
Skills and Abilities:
- The ability to work accurately paying close attention to detail
- A consummate communicator, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise
- Demonstrable experience of working on high capacity, high availability systems.
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it
- Strong cooperation and collaboration skills; motivation for sharing knowledge.
- Must be able to fit in to a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of utmost importance
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years development experience is essential with proven experience with Java/Spring Framework
- Should hold a Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Experience with AWS SQS, Elastic search service, EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloudwatch.
- Decent experience with web crawling.
- Experience with messaging and streaming platforms (RabbitMQ etc.), cloud computing (ideally AWS) and experience with caching technologies (Memcached, Redis, ElastiCache etc.) is desired.
- Experience in automating build deployments, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Knowledge in live video streaming.
- Good knowledge of Mongo DB and the issues that arise from working with large data sets alongside a basic knowledge of PHP7 would be advantageous.
- Good understanding of software design principles (OOP, SOLID, Design Patterns).
- Reports to the development manager
- Create and maintain open, honest and effective professional relationships, with colleague, project teams and senior leaders.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Maintain communication with relevant entities including site visits when required.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.