Sr. DevOps Engineer - UK
We are seeking a senior DevOps engineer with demonstrated experience working in large-scale enterprise J2EE Production and Pre-production environments to join our team. Responsibilities include being operational 1st line defense for AWS Production servers ensuring high availability with 24x7 uptime.
As our senior DevOps engineer, you will work on a team of DevOps engineers focusing on the day-to-day tasks of managing and maintaining AWS and in house application environments and will be hands-on involved with building source code, deploying binaries, configuration and monitoring application servers. Candidate must be able to develop of build and deployment automation tools and comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Oversee all Application Production systems providing 24x7 mission critical availability.
- Develop automated deployment and monitoring tools in Ansible, Python, bash or similar scripting languages.
- Manage and maintain multiple environments, ensuring that these environments are properly setup, configured, and available for each project as scheduled.
- Administer in Linux systems and various tools including JIRA, Bitbucket, Jenkins, Kubernetes or other similar systems.
- Creatively identify and isolate issues between infrastructure and application.
- Setup and improve tools for continuous integration systems via Jenkins or similar.
- Preserve and maintain service availability, performance, integrity, capacity and security.
- Work with cross functional, geographically distributed teams to providing 24x7 deployment support across multiple environments.
- Research and analyze tools and technologies to optimize building and deploying code-base, manage distributed production systems and application resources.
A degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Information Science, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline followed by 5 years of experience in a software engineering-related occupation.
- Building and releasing software on a large scale, complex J2EE SOA and Node.js application as SaaS product.
- AWS cloud services such as VPC, EC2, LoadBalancer, ASG, Elastic, ACM, S3, EKS strength.
- Overseeing web application installations, upgrades, and deployment as well as any servers/systems that support hosted web applications.
- Linux, Unix, Posix Systems, Docker, virtual environments and experience with LAMP stack profiency.
- 24x7 support globally for production issues and deployment.
- Web application (Java) maintenance and troubleshooting, application performance monitoring, automating day-to-day activities.
- Building deployment application tooling like Terraform, Ansible or similar.
- Object-oriented programming languages and scripting languages like Java, NodeJS, Python, Groovy, shell, etc.
- Proficient in 2 of the distributed databases and search engines like Cassandra, Elastic, Solr, Mongodb, RabbitMQ, MySql, Redis and MS SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Load Balancing, Nginx/Apache/HA Proxy/Zuul, SSL and networking protocol, OSI layer.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes or AWS EKS cluster.
- Azure cloud.
As a global leader in online brand protection, Opsec Security uses a SaaS delivery model to provide advanced technology and expertise that protects the revenues and reputation of the world’s leading brand. In the digital world, brand faces new risk due to webs anonymity, global reach and shifting consumption patterns for digital content, goods and services.
Customers choose Opsec for its unique combination of industry-leading expertise, advanced technology and extensive industry relationships to preserve their marketing investments, revenues and customer trust. The company’s exclusive access to data, combined with its real-time prevention, dedication and response capabilities, enables a more secure Internet for enterprise as well as their customers.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.