The Sales Engineer is responsible for executing the Technical Sales Support strategy and tactics as developed by the Director of Technical Sales Support. The primary focus is to drive revenue acquisition forward in creating stronger relationships, converting more prospects to become customers, increasing sales, as well as continually training OpSec Sales, Customer Care, and Marketing staff on OpSec products and services.
- Execute Technical Sales Support objectives and goals to support the organizational vision and annual Corporate Goals.
- Executing tactical plans and initiatives for products and services as communicated from the Director of Technical Sales Support.
- Recommend product and service solutions for all assigned OpSec revenue opportunities.
- Coordinate pricing when solution crosses product lines and services.
- Develop or assist in the development of opportunity specific presentations to communicate proposed OpSec solution including proposal for final pricing.
- Develop costing for OpSec revenue opportunities that do not fit within defined product pricing parameters and coordinating review and response with Director of Technical Sales Support.
- Coordinate with sourcing partners on costing for new opportunities. Developing a thorough understanding sourcing partner capabilities so as to quickly assess when and where sourcing partners can be used in OpSec revenue opportunities.
- Communicate progress of assigned revenue opportunities to Sales, Sales Operations, and Customer Care.
- Communicate unresolved technical issues on products or with accounts to Director of Technical Sales Support.
- Travel as needed to support Sales in revenue generating opportunities.
- Travel as needed to support Field Technicians in account support or revenue generating opportunities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate interpersonal skills including, communication, collaboration, presentation skills and the ability to communicate sophisticated technical concepts in a simple and meaningful manner.
- Dynamic, energetic, motivated, positive outlook with the ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities.
- Ability to communicate with and understand the requirements of professional staff in their area of specialty.
- Strong technical background in printing and/or packaging converting.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in an Engineering, Computer Science, or Physics field of study.
- Experience in an Engineering or Solutions Development role, preferably in the printing or package converting sector.
- Reports to the Director of Technical Sales Support.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Up to 50% travel, including international travel.
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.