Position Summary: The Quality Manager will maintain and continually improve the quality management system to meet or exceed external certification criteria, assure customer satisfaction, develop and execute improvement opportunities, and achieves corporate and local objectives.
- Maintain ISO 9001-2015 certification, while continuing to enhance and improve the Quality Management System for continually improved performance; manage document control system as well as track management compliance with required documentation audits and training audits of new and existing employees.
- Manage customer/supplier concerns and effectively communicate the investigation findings.
- Capture, document, and facilitate the root cause analysis and corrective action of internal and external products and raw material non-conformances; communicate with customers directly during complaint resolution; drive accountability within the organization to identify true and timely root cause analysis leading to process improvement.
- Assist with the definition of detailed quality and quality check specifications for products and raw materials used and produced at the Lancaster facility, ensure specifics are recorded accurately and consistently.
- Manage Quality Supervisor who directly manages the Quality Inspection Technicians in incoming raw material inspection and sampling process to ensure incoming raw materials and outgoing finished goods meet functional and analytical requirements; manage sample retain program for both Lancaster sites.
- Assist the leadership team with the creation and deployment of standard work instructions and standard operating procedures to drive consistency and reliability.
- Along with leadership team, assist with new product or re-design launches to ensure quality, efficiency and manage costs.
- Review and assess quality audit, non-conformance and complaint data for trends and issues; with leadership team develop action plans to correct or improve issues.
- Assist Supply Chain with developing useful and actionable supplier quality evaluation and corrective action program.
- Partner with UK Quality Management to share and implement best practices where possible.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Trained in the use of Statistical Process Control techniques (to include GR&R, Capability Studies, Hypothesis Testing as a minimum)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to provide bottom line analysis for all levels of the organization; effectively and persuasively present findings to executive groups, customers, and plant personnel
- Ability to work effectively in multifunctional groups and in a team environment
- Comfortable on the shop floor working directly with machine operators
- Analytical thinker and creative problem solver
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Quality Management, Industrial Management or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Strong ISO 9001 experience and training, ideally developing systems to achieve and maintain certification
- Knowledge of /experience with product testing and evaluation methods
- Experience with Lean or Six Sigma principles is preferred
- Experience in data analysis using Minitab
- Experience dealing directly with outside sources (e.g., customers & suppliers) to rectify issues ensuring a satisfactory resolution for both parties
- Experience dealing with 3rd Party Audits (Certification Bodies and Customers)
- Administration level knowledge of Q-Pulse software (Opsec Security Limited QMS tool) preferred
- Reports to the Global Continuous Improvement Leader
- This position does have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.