As a software QA Engineer at OpSec Security, you will be monitoring every phase of the development process to ensure that the design and software adhere to company standards. It is vital for the QA Engineer to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests to assess software quality and meet the release target dates by breaking up the development process into attainable testing goals and relaying any issues back to the development and product teams or leaders.
- Be part of a Scrum self-organizing team
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Perform and document risk analysis
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Track quality assurance metrics
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- Work with the development team and product line managers in a timely manner to guarantee the quality of delivered software
- Contribute to developing standards and procedures to determine product quality and release readiness
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Software: Postman, Storm, Git, ArrangoDB, CassandraDB, MongoDB, Jira
- Skills: BE, FE, test plan, Smoke Test, Regression Test, Boundary Test, black box acceptance test, sanity test, Selenium UI Automation, API Test Automation
Education and Experience:
- 5+ years’ experience as a QA engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- BSCS or equivalent
- Reports to the Director of Quality Assurance
- This position DOES NOT have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.