The Production Scheduler will be generally responsible for all areas related to the production schedule, including:
- Production planning and scheduling
- Pre-production product supply chain management
- Analyze demand to meet customer and inventory requirements
- Inventory management of finished goods, subassemblies, and WIP
- Transactional planning, scheduling, and inventory management in ERP system
- Continuous improvement of job function related to supply chain
The Production Scheduler will be responsible for managing the overall production schedule and inventory management. This includes:
- Develop a comprehensive, detailed schedule for production to meet required customer demands efficiently and at optimum inventory levels, taking into account equipment and labor constraints and opportunities.
- Proactively adjust and communicate schedule changes as required.
- Communicate effectively, as negotiator and liaison between operations, customer service, and leadership on any supply chain issues including the production schedule.
- Serve as lead agent to drive system and process improvements including inventory control, material availability and consumption methodologies, production yields, and other supply chain initiatives for areas of responsibility.
- Develop project plans and execute projects across multiple business functions.
- Perform necessary planning, scheduling, and inventory transactions as required.
- Develop and regularly publish metrics to measure schedule status and other supply chain processes. Conduct pareto analysis and root cause corrective action to improve performance metrics.
- Lead and facilitate regular production schedule meetings.
- Manage MAS500 and/or additional applications as it relates to specific responsibility areas including new implementations or upgrades.
- Contribute to new product launches and product phase-outs utilizing analytical skills to communicate supply chain requirements, issues, and status.
- Perform appropriate financial analyses and produce recommendations from analysis.
- Write professional processes related to supply chain management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Accounting, or Engineering preferred, will consider Business majors
- Minimum of one (1) year of Supply Chain experience, including inventory management, logistics or planning
- Strong Microsoft Office experience with an emphasis in Excel. Must have working knowledge of Excel formulas, pivot tables and graphing.
- Experience with ERP and/or advanced planning systems
- Familiarity with inventory control philosophy and practices
- APICS CPIM certification preferred; will be required once in role
- SQL experience preferred
- Direct scheduling and demand management experience preferred
- Statistical knowledge and/or experience preferred
- Reports to the Scheduling & Planning Supervisor
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.