OpSec Security is looking for a Product Manager to join the Online Brand Protection product management team. This Product Manager role will own and drive product discovery and development through regular interaction with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Sales, Service Operations, Marketing, and others) and externally with customers and prospects, to support new business, account retention, and to glean important market feedback for product planning.
The ideal candidate will be based in either the Meridian, Idaho or London, UK area, have previous experience working with software development teams and sales organizations, and comfortable speaking with customers. This position will be working a significant amount of time with peers in the United States, Europe, and Asia, occasionally requiring flexible working hours. This role will work closely with other product managers, and operate as a conduit between the business, the software development teams, and customers.
- Assess current and future market requirements through ongoing interaction with customers and key internal stakeholders to drive revenue growth for Online Brand Protection.
- Utilize financial and other metrics to gauge the health of the product line and respond accordingly.
- Perform market discovery and validation activities and distil findings to inform product strategy.
- Contribute to strategic product and service roadmaps.
- Identify go-to-market strategy through understanding and prioritizing customer buyer & user persona segments.
- Develop and maintain business partnerships that help support the product strategy.
- Serve as a product evangelist across Marketing, Sales, and Services organizations to help them understand the vision, roadmap, and best practices of the product offering.
- Perform win/loss analysis to better understand and pivot from our strengths and weaknesses.
- Assess the competitive environment and plan appropriate countermeasures.
- Run internal stakeholder feedback sessions and drive cross-functional strategy planning groups.
- Determine Beta and MVP process stages and milestones to involve customer feedback.
- Define and prioritize product requirements, and then work with technical business analysts who will translate them into epics and user stories for Engineering.
- Collaborate with UX designers to enable them to iterate on and deliver high fidelity design prototypes.
- Sign-off on Engineering delivery of new products and features, and then drive collaboration to launch them to the market.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong collaborator, able to achieve product objectives through working with wide-reaching internal stakeholders, from technology teams to marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex business and technical concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Strategic thinker, able to recognize market needs, distill strategy into executable initiatives, and crisply communicate plans across the organization.
- Ability to work across geographically distributed cross-functional teams.
- Analytical, and able to solve complex problems.
- Key attributes: detail oriented, self-motivated, customer-centric, biased towards action, and able to lead without authority.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 1 - 3 years of product management experience OR experience with online brand protection or intellectual property protection.
- Previous experience interacting with software development teams in an Agile environment.
- Pragmatic Institute training is preferred but not required.
- Reports to the Director of Product Management, Online Brand Protection.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Some travel may be required post COVID-19 restrictions as appropriate.
- Within the confines of a global organization, occasional flexibility in working hours may be required to ensure close engagement with team members as well as geographically diverse customers.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.