Position Summary: Perform a variety of duties to operate a press, including completing all print, conversion and finishing steps for assigned jobs with a focus on quality, safety and time management.
- Determine desired final product requirements outlined in job specifications, including product appearance and performance.
- Determine and verify accuracy of materials and supplies used to complete all jobs to specifications, including print plates, print cylinders, inks, coatings and dies.
- Examine product for defects such as spots, streaks, scratches, wrinkles, voids, and general degradation of product quality as compared to target quality and correct as necessary.
- Follow all quality and security protocols including inspection of product, splicing techniques, winding criteria, proper roll identification, product labeling and disposition of finished product.
- Complete necessary paperwork during and at the end of each job to ensure proper recording of time and materials.
- Maintain clear separation of products per job and/or lot number, and label all in-process jobs with job number and lot number.
- Consult with Quality personnel regarding questions on product appearance, performance and/or deviations from standards.
- Follow the proper procedures for handling security product and disposition of waste.
- Keep all areas of Pressroom neat and organized.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Experience setting up and operating large-size equipment.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.