A Maintenance Technician is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the plant facilities and all equipment contained therein.
- Conducts preventive maintenance and repairs all building and manufacturing equipment, requesting assistance from approved private contractors when applicable; directing and monitoring the performance of private contractors in accordance with the terms of their individual contracts or agreements with the company.
- Maintains close communications with Maintenance Supervisor and Director of Facilities Engineering, supplying repair and project schedules to him/her, adjusting schedules as required, to meet changing priorities in the production areas.
- Makes certain that all required operator maintenance procedures are precisely and regularly followed and that all equipment adjustments are made as necessary. Advises Plant Manager when departmental personnel must make machine adjustments.
- Maintains a clean, orderly maintenance work area; assuring that all maintenance equipment and tools are in good working order.
- Maintains an acceptable agreed upon inventory of spare parts; procures non-inventoried parts from approved suppliers using the CMMS.
- Records all work in the CMMS system.
- Regularly contributes ideas or suggestions to improve production methods.
- Assumes such other tasks and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use standard machine shop equipment: mill, lathe, etc.
- Ability to install electrical equipment as mandated by the NEC.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in an electrical or mechanical trade
- Associate’s degree in related field
- Experience with welding, sheet metal, pipefitting, PLC and 480 power distribution
- Knowledge of the NEC
- Reports to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Maintenance personnel must have the ability to lift 50 pounds.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.