The Junior Product Manager is a new role, supporting the OpSec Security product management team across authentication (on-product) and online solutions. The Junior Product Manager will be responsible for supporting key activities across the business, from compiling product roadmaps to competitive analysis, customer interviews and strategic planning. This is a great opportunity to develop product management capabilities, with Pragmatic Institute training included in the role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for enabling the wider product management team to drive revenue growth through supporting (and later designing) activities to assess current and future market requirements, build strategic product and service roadmaps, and drive go-to-market strategy through understanding and prioritizing customer segments. Initial responsibilities will include:
- Working with the wider product management team to compile a single view of product roadmaps, including regular status updates, consolidating and reporting on any challenges or barriers.
- Supporting a new “win-loss” analysis program, taking and analysing customer interview notes to identify key themes and make associated recommendations to the product management team. Once comfortable with the product portfolio, there is the opportunity for the Junior Product Manager to run these interviews with customers directly.
- Collaborating with the wider product management team to identify key segments served across multiple product ranges and craft a segment-specific value proposition and product portfolio offering.
- Assessing the competitive environment and creating “battle cards” to assist the sales team in discussing OpSec’s relative competitive positioning.
- Consolidating data or reporting, working with multiple internal stakeholders (from product management to finance) to drive a single combined view of customers and sales.
- Supporting the Chief Product Officer in new and ongoing activities that require input across the full product management team.
- Joining strategic planning meetings, recording action items, and working with the product managers and others to ensure they are completed.
- Managing ongoing and new projects as required, including tracking and progressing cross-functional activities such as product launch planning and new product business cases.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong collaborator, able to work across the wider product management team to distill individual product plans into a single corporate overview that is managed and tracked.
- Strong organisational skills, able to keep track of ongoing initiatives that span multiple individuals and functions, providing progress reports and updates.
- Analytical thinking – able to review customer interviews and determine how to distill into key themes and recommendations that can be shared across the organization.
- Rapid grasp of technology and trends – able to work with product managers to understand their current product lines and future roadmaps across diverse areas from on-product authentication to online services.
- An interest in competitive dynamics, and the ability to research and track competitor offerings.
- Able to drive customer discussions and conversations to understand a customer-centric view of our products and offerings (training to be provided).
Education and Experience:
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Understanding of either on-product authentication or online brand protection, anti-fraud or anti-piracy services is ideal but not required.
- Experience of the Pragmatic Institute / Pragmatic Marketing framework is preferred, but not required (and can be provided to the successful candidate).
- Experience with excel or other data tools is preferred.
- This role will ultimately report into a new Horizonal Product Solutions team that is currently being created. In the interim, this role will report into the Head of Global Relationships, working closely with the Chief Product Officer.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Some travel may be required post COVID-19 restrictions as appropriate.
- With an international remit, some flexibility may be required to ensure global customers are represented in market assessment activities.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.