Bid /Proposal Manager
Location: Remote UK
Working closely with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Care, the Bid Manager will Identify worthwhile opportunities and prepare successful proposal Bids (RFP/RFQ/Tender/Bid) in a range of markets, sectors and locations, with a dominant focus on government solutions.
– Review and understand all requirements of the Bid
– Identify team members and their roles and responsibilities
– Develop and communicate overall proposal plan for the response working back from the proposal due date
– Conduct regular proposal progress status meetings and diligently maintain and execute the agreed proposal plan schedule
– Act as point person for all questions to be submitted to the Client per the bid requirements document.
Review Q&A response, identify issues for resolution and distribute Q&As to the team
Preparation of Bid
– Oversee the development, layout, presentation and production activities of the Response
– Analyse the RFP/Tender/Bid requirements against the proposal outline to ensure both compliance and responsiveness to the customer’s requirements, issues and needs
– Be prepared to directly contribute to the creation of the bid response as appropriate
– Ensure that appropriate reviews are conducted, and comments are incorporated into the Final Proposal
Submission & follow up
– Submit electronically or in hard copy, or both, as instructed in the Bid requirements, using standard OpSec formats and templates
– Ensure all appropriate samples, government documentation and other supporting materials are delivered according to the bid requirements.
– Evaluation & Award: follow up to determine outcome and feedback to the Proposal team
– Maintain library of proposals and manage library of source documents for future use
– Recommend and embed appropriate roles and responsibilities (RACI) for bid management, and guide best practise
Skills and Abilities:
– Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality
– Must be able to fit in to a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of utmost importance
– Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; with a focus on customer support
– Excellent written and oral communication skills; technical writings skills an advantage
– Proficient in Microsoft Office business applications, Adobe Acrobat and web browsers
– Understand corporate and government financial concepts
– Strong people and process managements skills for planning, problem solving, analysis, and research
– Exceptional project management and team leadership skills
– Able to manage multiple bids and proposals simultaneously with dynamic priorities
– Ability to handle multiple tasks and to meet deadline requirements without supervision
Education and Experience:
– University degree in Business Management, Finance, or equivalent experience
– Multi-disciplined background or exposure to one or more of the following areas: program management, cost/pricing analysis, project engineering, business development, or contracts
– A key advantage would be experience managing complex bids for international / global government issued tenders (Responding to International Tax Stamp tenders will be a key element of this role).
– Reports to the Product Director, Government Solutions
– This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
– All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org