- To operate as a flexible member of the production team, carrying out the required processes to accepted standards of quality and output. This involves running a variety of production machinery producing high quality material for both internal and external customers.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To maintain and, wherever possible continuously improve upon operational performance and standards of quality, housekeeping and health and safety.To understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), approved quality standards and job specification documents.
- To understand and follow the Production Schedule in order that jobs are produced in the required sequence.
- Be responsible for the quality of all work produced being sent to either the next process or the final customer.
To participate in training as and when required in order to maintain and improve the range of skills and knowledge required to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
To be responsible for the health and safety of people within the area covered by the job holder by ensuring that safe and healthy practices are followed and that all aspects of company, site and legal occupational health and safety requirements are met.
- Must be capable of producing work to a very high level of quality to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a flexible manufacturing environment, capable of being trained in a range of different machines.
- Basic IT skills required to gain access to Machine and Job Specifications
- Open minded approach and willingness to both create suggestions for improvement and undertake ideas from others
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and confidence to decide on quality of own work, using known standards
- Previous experience of manufacturing essential
- Must have the ability to multitask, be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it
Additional Background Information:
- This role is normally required on a 3-shift capacity and will therefore rotate between 6.00am to 2.00pm, 2.00pm to 10.00pm and 10.00pm to 6.00am respectively. However, the role holder will be required to possess a flexible approach to hours, changing shift, when necessary, with reasonable notice and in accordance with the needs of the business. Other shift patterns which may be requested include a 2 shift or 4 shift continental pattern. The Company reserves the right to change shift patterns as appropriate.
- To take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of others. Actively following the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- To observe and continually promote equal opportunities
- To undertake all reasonable training activity designed to support you in your role. To gain an understanding of the Operations products and applications.
- To note, understand and comply with Company Policies & Procedures. To undertake any such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by your immediate manager.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com