- The role of Shipping Coordinator involves arranging the daily shipments, issuing correct documentation when needed, booking courier consignments and general admin duties when required.
- Arrange all shipment of customer orders and prepare all required paperwork
- Provide Shipment details to customers in a timely and professional manner
- Deal with and investigate all complaints that relate to shipping
- Provide Freight Quotation’s as and when requested
- Along with the Supply Chain Manager, negotiate rates with Shipping Suppliers to ensure the best shipping options are utilised and suitable service providers in place.
- Create and maintain open, honest and effective professional relationships, with Supply Chain, Operations and Customer Service colleagues. Should be able to have a professional rapport with shipping suppliers.
- To take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of yourself. Actively following the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- To observe and continually promote equal opportunities
- To undertake all reasonable training activity designed to support you in your role.
- To gain an understanding of the Operations products and applications.
- To note, understand and comply with Company Policies & Procedures.
- To undertake any such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by your immediate manager.
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have previous knowledge & experience of arranging international shipping
- Must have previous experience of creating export documentation
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills as the role is customer facing
- Must have excellent computer skills and be familiar with MAS, Excel and Export documentation packages
- Must be able to perform each of the above duties satisfactorily
- The ability to work accurately paying close attention to detail is essential
- Must demonstrate the highest level of integrity, discretion and confidentiality to be exercised at all times
- Should possess a professional telephone manner
- Should possess the ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise·
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it
- Must be able to fit in to a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of utmost importance
Education and Experience:
- Should hold a minimum of 5 GCSE’s (or equivalent) at A-C level
- Have a general understanding of INCOTERMS
- Reports to Supply Chain Manager
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- ·Normal hours of work are Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 5.00pm or 8.00 – 4.00pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch break each day. There is no paid overtime for the position.
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org