To act as a Production Operator as a flexible member of the production team, carrying out the required processes to accepted standards of quality and output. This involves running a variety of production machinery producing high quality material for both internal and external customers.
In addition to the day-to-day Production Operative duties, the Cell Leader also has further responsibilities to support and improve areas such as Health and Safety, Technical, Quality, Training and Continuous Improvement.
It is vital that the Cell Leader plays a major role in the effective communication of ever-changing situations and priorities found within a manufacturing environment. The flow of good, accurate information, instruction and guidance between different shifts, with Production Managers and with the Technical and Engineering functions is a critical part of this role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To maintain and, wherever possible continuously improve upon operational performance and standards of quality, housekeeping and health and safety.
- Be responsible for the quality of all work produced being sent to either the next process or the final customer.
- To participate in training as and when required in order to maintain and improve the range of skills and knowledge required to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of people within the area covered by the job holder by ensuring that safe and healthy practices are followed and that all aspects of company, site and legal occupational health and safety requirements are met.
- Is responsible for the implementation and updating of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), approved quality standards and job specification documents within the Cell.
- To conduct Health and Safety, Hygiene and 5S Audits in their own and other Cells
- To take on the Role of Fire Marshall
- To take on responsibility of Chief Fire Marshall (Conduct Role Call) when required.
- Actively promote and drive improvement ideas from Production Operatives within the Cell, evaluate the ideas then turning these ideas into appropriate actions
- Be willing and able to be trained as a First Aider when the requirement arises.
- Assist Production Managers with Customer Complaint and NCR investigations. Then communicate and implement any resulting Preventative actions within the Cell.
- Assist in Risk assessments when being conducted within the Cell
- Support the activities of the technical department including trial preparation/planning, Cell specific activities (e.g., backing roller replacement, consumable replacement). Assist in the implementation and upkeep of the new COSHH system
- Take an active role in understanding the Planning Schedule and feeding back improvements/suggestions that could be made.
- Deputise for Production Manager when required
Knowledge, Skills/Attributes and Experience
- Must be capable of producing work to a very high level of quality to tight deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a flexible manufacturing environment, capable of being trained in a range of different machines.
- Basic IT skills required to gain access to Machine and Job Specifications
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and confidence to decide on quality of own work, using known standards
- Previous experience of manufacturing essential
- Must have the ability to multitask, be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it
- Must be able to fit in to a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication is of utmost importance
- Must have first-hand experience in at least one area of the Cell and be willing to further their knowledge of all other areas within the Cell.
- Must be willing and able to take on new skills and responsibilities once the requisite training has been completed e.g., Fire Marshall,1st Aid, SOP preparation
- Open minded approach and ability to own and promote Continuous Improvement ideas within the Cell
Communications & Working Relationships
Create and maintain open, honest and effective professional relationships, with other Machine Operatives, Cell Leaders and Production Managers.
- Be able to demonstrate strong communication skills to enable a good clear flow of information between shifts, with Production Managers and with the Technical and Engineering functions
Additional Background Information
This role is currently required on a 2-shift capacity and will therefore rotate between 6.00am to 2.00pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm respectively. However, the role holder will be required to possess a flexible approach to hours, changing shift, when necessary, with reasonable notice and in accordance with the needs of the business.
- To take responsibility for the health, safety and welfare of yourself. Actively following the Company’s Health and Safety Policy, Procedures and Safe Systems of Work
- To observe and continually promote equal opportunities
- To undertake all reasonable training activity designed to support you in your role.
- To gain an understanding of the Operations products and applications.
- To note, understand and comply with Company Policies & Procedures.
- To undertake any such other reasonable duties as may from time to time be required by your immediate manager
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org