OpSec Security is looking for a strong, talented, multi-tasking Senior Data Engineer to join our Engineering team in Vilnius. You will design, develop, implement, and test innovative Reporting & Analytics solutions, working with leading edge technology and Cloud environments.
You will be working in an Agile, solution-driven development team on a variety of projects, ranging from maintaining our existing systems to building new, exciting BI solutions. You must have a passion for the best development practices, latest technology and solving challenging technical problems. This role calls for a seasoned Data Engineer who has worked on a variety of projects using Microsoft SQL and Azure, PowerBI technologies to implement solid, enterprise-grade business systems.
In this role, you will be a part of a dedicated team and develop solid, scalable ETL processes and design and implement databases, data warehouses and PowerBI solutions that support the continuously evolving needs of our clients and internal operational teams. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the databases and data warehouses scale and support the new features the team is working to deliver. You will also work making sure that the data is presented in an appealing and accessible way through PowerBI. You will be part of ensuring that the team defines the right data structures all the way from the point where we collect the information, through to the Data Warehouse and into our reporting infrastructure, and it is your job to validate data integrity on all levels of the data warehouse.
- Develop and deliver database and data warehouse solutions.
- Closely collaborate with Business Analysts, end users and product owner to understand, document, estimate, and database and data warehouse solutions.
- Actively participate in backlog refinement, as well as release and sprint planning activities.
- Design cost-effective solutions to complex problems.
- Implement functionality increments which are well-covered by automated tests and which deliver concrete value to end users every Sprint.
- Lead, inspire, develop and coach less experienced team members to ensure a skilled, high performing, driven and collaborative team.
The right person for this job is able to communicate very well in English both in verbal and written form and is used to working in an Agile environment following Scrum development principles. You should also have a strong desire to work closely together with the people who will be using the systems you help develop, and a good ability to understand the needs of your users and deliver workable successful solutions that match those needs.
The ideal candidate will have experience in several or many of the following areas.
- Strong working experience with MS SQL Server, In data center and in cloud.
- Strong working experience with PowerBI and underlying cloud infrastructure.
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with T-SQL.
- Good knowledge of and experience with MDX.
- Strong data analysis skills founded in a keen analytical sense.
- Good understanding of relational and dimensional modelling.
- Extensive practical experience with principles, techniques and best practices of enterprise data warehousing.
- Proven experience with MS SQL Server Analysis Service and Integration Services.
- Ability to multi-task and balance priorities to meet challenging deadlines.
- Strong co-operation and communication skills.
- Responsible and self-motivated, but able to function well within a team and eager to communicate with other engineers;
- Ability to pick up new skills and learn new technologies as required and when relevant for the job.
- Desire to share knowledge and experience with others and provide feedback and input – both proactively as well as in response to requests or as part of a code review process.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- DAX experience.
- NoSQL (ElasticSearch, MongoDB, Cassandra).
- Building business management systems.
- Machine Learning & Data Science.
- Partitioning and index tuning.
- Web development (MVC, HTML, CSS, Angular).
- Python development.
THE COMPANY OFFERS:
- The innovative environment of the rapidly growing international company.
- High performing, driven and supportive working culture and outstanding development possibilities to increase your potential.
- An exciting opportunity to be part of a dynamic global organization and work with experienced professionals.
- Yearly salary from 55 000 – 75 000 Eur (brutto) per year and additional benefits package (the final offer will depend on your profile).
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org