The Compliance Analyst acts as an expert of enforcement process, supports operations in all questions related to compliance by establishing new procedures, providing reference material for existing ones or by consulting stakeholders personally. The analyst will be responsible for providing escalation services, monitoring and analyzing the compliance rate of domains and clients and continuously providing input for service improvements and reports. The analyst will establish and maintain communication with entities related to online copyright infringements.
- Perform escalation services in accordance to operational agreements
- Maintain effective internal communication throughout all platforms
- Proactively drive improvements to enforcement process and technical solutions; prepare write-ups with clearly expressed requirements, value and impact of improvements to stakeholders.
- Analyze domain and client level compliance rates and identify reasons behind data fluctuations,
- Continuously work with client responsible analysts, consult on notice replies, enforcement and compliance issues, KPI and other monitoring boards. Maintain healthy back and forth feedback.
- Model and document enforcement processes.
- Maintain accurate list of enforcement contacts for P2P and WEB enforcement systems
- Analyze and optimize mass notices responses handling, suggest improvements and draft communication based on the wording and error codes of the responses.
- Excellent communication skills in face-to-face and virtual settings; proven examples of communicating across different business functions to successfully deliver a project or to positively contribute to one.
- Ability to create clear and concise documentation; proven examples of such.
- Operational excellence, proven reliable provision of service deliverables and experience in enforcement of all technologies.
- Strong analytical skills: proven examples of compliance data analysis performed to improve compliance rate or resolve compliance issues.
- Problem-solving skills; proven examples of facilitating problem resolution and adapting to changes.
- Analytical and critical thinking, ability to challenge established practices and provide data and evidence-based improvements.
- Efficient management of both standard and ad hoc projects/tasks, while working on multiple projects in parallel.
- Strong sense of ownership, proven examples of ability to drive complex goals till the resolution.
- Excellent English in both verbal and written forms.
- A good understanding of the OpSec Online Anti-Piracy technology, platforms in use, their purpose, interrelation, and factors for their smooth operation.
- Working knowledge of OLAP cubes, interrelation of enforcement data, its metrics, and dimensions.
- Experience with correspondence tracking and rules management in email clients (Outlook, Thunderbird).
- Be a part of a collaborative global team determined to fight counterfeits and build strong, lasting partnerships with our clients.
- Annual salary of €20000 to €25000 gross, the final offer will depend on your profile.
- A large variety of software technologies used in challenging projects.
- The chance to develop and grow in a high-tech international environment.
- Supportive, friendly working culture and possibility to have a real impact on your work.
- Medical Health Insurance and life insurance.
- Modern office in the city center with many perks: parking, gaming room and etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org