Senior Product Manager – Online
Location: Meridian, Idaho or London, UK (possible remote)
Technical and strategic senior product manager responsible for driving revenue growth through product discovery and development through regular interaction with internal stakeholders (Engineering, Sales, Service Operations, Marketing, and others) and externally with customers and prospects, to support new business, account retention, and to glean important market feedback for product planning.
The ideal candidate will be based in either the Meridian, Idaho or London, UK area, have previous experience working with software development teams and sales organizations, and working directly with customers. This position will be working a significant amount of time with peers in the United States, Europe, and Asia, occasionally requiring flexible working hours. This role will work closely with other product managers, and operate as a conduit between the business, the software development teams, and customers.
As Senior Product Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for driving revenue growth through assessing current and future market requirements, building strategic product and service roadmaps, and driving go-to-market strategy through understanding and prioritizing customer segments, designing appropriate pricing and service models, and ongoing product lifecycle management. Acting as the conduit between customers, the business, and technology teams, responsibilities will include:
- Assess current and future market requirements through ongoing interaction with customers and key internal stakeholders to drive revenue growth.
- Utilize financial and other metrics to gauge the health of the product line and respond accordingly.
- Perform market discovery and validation activities and distil findings to inform product strategy.
- Define strategic product and service roadmaps, working closely with internal and external users.
- Identify go-to-market strategy through understanding and prioritizing customer buyer & user persona segments.
- Develop and maintain business partnerships that help support the product strategy.
- Serve as a product evangelist across Marketing, Sales, and Services organizations to help them understand the vision, roadmap, and best practices of the product offering.
- Perform win/loss analysis to better understand and pivot from our strengths and weaknesses.
- Assess the competitive environment and plan appropriate countermeasures.
- Run internal stakeholder feedback sessions and drive cross-functional strategy planning groups.
- Determine Beta and MVP process stages and milestones to involve customer feedback.
- Define and prioritize product requirements, and then work with technical business analysts who will translate them into epics and user stories for Engineering.
- Collaborate with UX designers to enable them to iterate on and deliver high fidelity design prototypes.
- Sign-off on Engineering delivery of new products and features, and then drive collaboration to launch them to the market.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Directly customer-facing, with the ability to distill customer market problems into actionable product strategy.
- Strong collaborator, able to achieve product objectives through working with wide-reaching internal stakeholders, from technology teams to marketing.
- Able to demonstrate an innovative approach to product road-mapping, including early-stage (pre-product) market testing.
- Adept at navigating technology-first conversations to identify and assess commercial and customer-driven implications and opportunities.
- Strategic thinker, able to recognize market needs, distill strategy into executable initiatives, and crisply communicate plans across the organization.
- Ability to work across geographically distributed cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to present complex business and technical concepts to a wide range of audiences.
- Key attributes: detail oriented, self-motivated, customer-centric, biased towards action, and able to lead without authority.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Product management experience
- Previous experience interacting with software development teams in an Agile environment.
- Experience of the Pragmatic Institute / Pragmatic Marketing framework is preferred, but not required.
- This role reports to the Director of Product Management
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Some travel may be required post COVID-19 restrictions as appropriate.
- With an international remit, some flexibility may be required to ensure global customers are represented in market assessment activities.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical (on-product), digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 750 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org