The Accounts Payable Specialist completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
- Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; records entries.
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifies federal id numbers; schedules and prepares checks; resolves purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insures credit is received for outstanding memos; issues stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
- Audits and processes credit card bills.
- Processes check requests.
- Pays employees by receiving and verifying expense reports and requests for advances; prepares checks.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Disburses petty cash by recording entry; verifies documentation.
- Completes 1099 maintenance.
- Responds to all vendor inquiries and reconciles vendor statements; researches and corrects discrepancies.
- Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Assists in month end closing and reporting.
- Maintains files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Performs other related responsibilities as required.
- High school diploma
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience
- Experience working is a SaaS environment
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to speak and write English
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
- College degree or college courses in accounting
- Oracle experience
It is the policy of OpSec Security, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OpSec Security, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org