We are looking to hire a Director, Product Management. The successful candidate will be responsible for defining and delivering product strategy – including competitive positioning, packaging and pricing – for key OpSec Online product portfolios and beyond.
Responsible for product strategy and implementation within OpSec Security’s online products and services, the successful candidate will assess current and future market requirements across product lines and drive go-to-market strategy including designing and deploying appropriate product packaging, pricing and service models, collaborating with product managers to build strategic product and service roadmaps, driving new product and service launches, and defining competitive and customer segmentation strategy. This is a matrixed organization, requiring the Director, Product Management to work collaborative with a wider product management team.
While this role is anticipated to be predominantly focused on the online portfolio, the ability to work across the full organization – from online to on-product technologies – will be key.
Acting as the conduit between customers, the business, product management & technology teams, responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the success of the online product portfolio
- Driving strategic product integration between online and on-product business lines
- Contributing to corporate-level strategic planning exercising and leading sub-workstreams
- Performing win/loss analysis to understand why we’re winning or losing in to inform product planning
- Assessing, defining and delivering on a new competitive strategy
- Assessing, defining and delivering new commercial models for online products (pricing, packaging, positioning and full go-to-market strategy)
- Defining and delivering on future product strategy across new product lines
- Managing product launch processes in conjunction with marketing, operations, engineering and other key stakeholders
- Creating appropriate business plans to drive internal investment decisions
- Collaborating with other product managers to define and deliver strategic roadmap items
Skills and Abilities:
- Adept at rapidly assessing online (SaaS and managed service) product proposition, positioning, packaging and pricing
- Demonstrated ability to deliver strategic planning including rapidly assessing “as is” environment and defining and delivering towards a future-state product strategy
- Strong ability to rapidly assess competitive position and drive associated planning and delivery
- Directly customer-facing, with the ability to distill customer market problems into actionable product strategy
- Strong collaborator, able to achieve product objectives through working with wide-reaching internal stakeholders, from technology teams to marketing and sales
- Proven ability to work across a global landscape of customers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work in a matrix organization, alongside dedicated product managers at multiple levels
Education and Experience:
- Proven experience of rapid assessment and deployment of product strategy – including product packaging and pricing and competitive positioning – are a must
- Experience of product management for online and/or SaaS products is critical
- Detailed knowledge of working with technical products and stakeholders across online technologies will be critical
- Experience of deploying a Pragmatic Institute / Pragmatic Marketing product management framework is preferred
- Experience of the market for physical and digital authentication technology, products and services is preferred, but not a pre-requisite
- Reports to the Chief Product Officer
- No anticipated direct reports at this time (single contributor role working within a matrix organisation)
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, colour, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status regarding public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org