“Support the pre-production of our optical security devices for use in anti-counterfeiting.”
We are OpSec Security, a leader in on-product and online authentication and brand protection. After decades of leadership in brand protection technology, we have grown to become the leading provider of fully integrated brand and document security, providing companies and governments with myriad solutions to help our customers ensure brand quality, reputation, and integrity.
The role will be in our UV replication cleanroom facility. Here we operate UV cast cure replication technologies to accurately copy the micro and nano structures that make up the devices we produce. The techniques are complex, and training will be given, but the applicant should have a strong work ethic, a dedicated approach with meticulous attention to detail, whilst be able to operate in a commercial environment with define deadlines and expectations.
The bulk of the replication work will be conducted in yellow light cleanroom conditions so understanding of cleanroom operating procedures and knowledge of various characterization methods for micro structured devices would be an advantage.
- Carry out UV replication tasks accurately and following strict methodologies using various OpSec facilities in an ISO class 7 (class 10,000) yellow light cleanroom environment
- Develop manual skills in the production of devices and operate automated replication machinery and inspection systems
- Perform inspection and critical analysis of work at all stages and report status
- Document and log data and images associated with inspection
- Develop visual inspection techniques unique to these products
- Learn to trouble shoot and take remedial action to adapt to varying microstructure types and behaviors
- Record and interpret results and be able to present to senior colleagues
- Learn and develop abilities in other support processes including electroforming, vacuum coating, inspection and device fabrication and application methods
- Work safely and keep equipment in a clean and serviceable condition
- Work within the laboratories and support keeping the laboratory well-maintained, clean, and stocked
- Be adaptable and able to onboard new practices
- Be familiar with using computer-based packages for data management, reporting and general laboratory work and have general computer skills
- Participate in a continuous improvement culture, keep up to date with technical developments, especially those which can save time and improve quality and reliability
- Work safely in a laboratory environment and follow strict safety procedures and safety checks
We are looking for:
A degree isn’t essential, but you are expected to have at least A levels or HNC/D (government level 4/5) qualifications in a scientific discipline, ideally including physics or chemistry but also computing, mathematics or materials science or engineering. Higher apprenticeship or NVQ level 4/5 is also relevant.
Relevant vocational qualifications and experience in Laboratory Sciences or Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities including laboratory apprenticeships are an advantage.
Industry experience in a commercial or academic laboratory is a significant advantage, particularly, ability to demonstrate laboratory skills and application of scientific methods and analysis in a commercial setting will be useful.
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to produce high quality work and be able to solve technical problems
- Good coordination and attention to detail, to use technical equipment with accuracy
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
- Time management skills to work on several different projects at once
- Flexibility to work with and provide support for several people
- Excellent oral communication skills to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization and to explain complex techniques to interested parties
- Create and maintain open, honest, and effective professional relationships
- Experience in providing demonstrations and writing technical reports
- Teamwork skills and patience
- Excellent record-keeping skills
- Up to £25k
- 25 days holiday per year
- Pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus
- On-site parking
- On-going career development
- Referral scheme
JOIN US and be a part of a collaborative global team determined to fight counterfeits and build strong, lasting partnerships with our clients.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com