Location: England, UK
OpSec is the global leader and premium provider in online and offline brand and content protection solutions and offers comprehensive solutions and services that safeguard brands, content, reputation, and revenue from counterfeit risks. Serving more than half of the Fortune 100 with end-to-end solutions that address the growing threats of online fraud, counterfeiting, piracy, and unauthorized channels, OpSec protects businesses’ brands, content and customers.
This role is not for those who shrink from challenges. We have one of the most technically challenging problems that we are solving for and we are looking for a world-class technical problem solver and seasoned architect who is passionate to become our Enterprise Architect. Super powers are optional, but highly considered.
Our applications require crawling hundreds of market places, tens of thousands of websites at massive scale in organic ways across multiple geographies. Our landscape is evolving everyday as we must keep one step ahead of bad actors and ensure that our crawlers are not mistaken for malign behavior.
This ideal candidate for this role needs to bring hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring a team of truly impassioned and persistently curious engineers, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the Chief Software Development Officer, and ensure the delivery of world-leading, robust and scalable solutions.
We are looking for a seasoned architect who is experienced with building new applications from scratch, as well as the ability to effectively refactor and integrate existing applications and strong understanding of Big Data and Analytics. An ideal candidate will be a thought-leader, with real-world business common sense, the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate across functions.
The efforts of the Enterprise Architect will help our clients fight serious online problems including web traffic diversion, counterfeiting, piracy and brand defamation. The candidate should have exceptional communication and negotiation skills, combined with experience guiding software and quality engineers and analysts in implementing production quality solutions.
- Define a robust, scalable & stable architecture for existing platforms as well as building new applications
- Provide technical leadership to the development teams
- Build early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design and performance
- Build technical efficiencies and improvements in handling and consuming huge volumes of data
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be a strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilize the rest of the organization to build solutions that fit our customer’s needs
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolve
- Partner with others inside and outside the engineering organization to gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
- Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design
- Actively participate in the development process
- Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams throughout the organization
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision-making skills
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and prospects
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Computer Science) is preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
- 5+ years in an architect role in previous large scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model
- 5+ years in managing high volumes of data from collecting to processing and integration
- Comfortable in communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers – excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Track record that includes the design and release of high quality, high performance enterprise software product / application
- Expertise in technology areas of Java, Frontend frameworks like Angular, UI/UX libraries like Kendo, Web Services, XML, SOAP, XSL, HTML / DHTML, HTTP
- Search engines: Elasticsearch (primary) Apache Solr (secondary)
- Thorough understanding of relational database design, OLAP and good understanding of NoSQL databases Mongo, Cassandra
- Hands on experience with L1/L2 cache and designing and building load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Microservices, Containers (Docker), Mesos and Marathon orchestrations
- Experience in developing software systems, which employ data mining, machine learning or statistical/econometric techniques, methods and algorithms
- Web Crawling (Apache Storm or similar)
- Microservice architecture
- Understanding / experience in the areas of Brand Protection / Anti-Piracy / Anti-Fraud Coordination of geographically distributed teams
- Agile development methodology
- Dealing with large data sets and developing analytic software using SQL, NoSQL and statistical tools
- Reports to the Chief Software Development Officer
- This position does have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com