OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital, and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
We are looking to hire a Senior Development Technologist to undertake existing and new product development activities in line with business strategy. This will involve laboratory and pilot scale development leading to full scale production trials. Some UK and global travel may be required to support customer field trials.
- Undertake product development activities as required to support the current product range and develop new products in line with business strategy
- Product development activities to include laboratory formulation work mainly targeting lacquers and adhesives, plus the combining of various coatings to meet customer product requirements
- Manage on-site and customer trials as required
Manage multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner adhering to quality, health, safety and environment policies at all times
- Ensure thorough validation of new and modified products prior to manufacturing implementation
- Play a significant part in developing laboratory processes and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities associated with new and existing products and processes
- Develop into a position to provide technical expertise to the sales and sales support teams
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with raw material suppliers, customer contacts and key personnel at other Opsec sites
- Supervision of junior staff to support work programs
- Educated to degree level (preferably PhD) in chemistry, polymer science, material science or related subject
- 3-5 Years Industrial experience in a related field
- Proven track record formulating solvent and/or water-based lacquers and adhesives
- A good understanding of surface coatings and their application (e.g. gravure coating)
- Preferably an appreciation of UV radiation cured coatings and related curing equipment
- Fully conversant with modern instrumentation for the analysis of polymeric coatings and adhesives
- Must have good communication skills interacting at all levels from shop floor to senior management
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
It is the policy of OpSec Security, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OpSec Security, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com