The Learning & Development Specialist is responsible for the effective identification, development, coordination, communication and delivery of training and development programs. This position actively searches, creatively designs, and implements effective methods to educate, providing employees with individual growth opportunities that are aligned with company strategic goals. Requires a highly motivated individual who is passionate about development and driving learning opportunities that support employee success.
- Work collaboratively with all functional areas to understand their talent needs and to develop and implement the appropriate training to meet those needs.
- Develop best practice learning and development methodology and programs that ensure sustainable development outside of the classroom.
- Independently create and lead training and development programs. Coordinate the scheduling, planning and communication of programs.
- Create a dynamic and engaging training environment for developing individuals and teams in a high-performance organization.
- Source outside partners to provide training and development activities as appropriate. Develop and/or approve course content, methods, and materials.
- Assess the effectiveness of talent development programs and establish metrics and reporting methods that demonstrate the impact of programs. Assess areas for improvement and recommend changes to continually evolve talent development processes as the organization’s needs change.
- Research learning and development best practices and proactively identify new technologies and content that improve organizational performance.
- Assist with the design and implementation tools and technologies to support talent development at OpSec
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Superior and proven facilitation and presentation skills with the ability to be persuasive, compelling, motivational, concise, and articulate
- Proven ability to effectively partner, lead and communicate with a variety of people across the organization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple, concurrent deliverables, managing all details, in a fast paced, dynamic organization
- Ability to listen well. Is objective, open minded, and able to see the big picture
- Maintain a current view on training trends and directions and can introduce innovative techniques
- Self-starter with a strong sense of ownership and ability to work autonomously
- Flexibility and ability to adapt well in a changing and challenging environment
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with learning authoring software is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Education, or related degree
- Minimum of 3-4 years of progressive experience in Learning & Development
- Organizational Alignment:
- Reports to L&D Manager
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com