The Global Learning & Development Manager is responsible for overseeing the Learning Strategy and implementation for OpSec colleagues globally. This role is part of the Human Resources team and manages a team of Learning specialists. This leader will play an integral role in building and developing our L&D function and support our HR Mission of enabling a world class, diverse and engaged workforce to deliver on our Strategic Priorities globally
- Leads the global Learning & Development strategy to provide global learning solutions, tools, technologies, and resources needed to foster a culture of learning
- Collaborates closely with our HR Partners, Business Leaders, and internal stakeholders to translate business needs into impactful learning experiences that serve to develop our colleagues.
- Learning expertise to further develop all categories of learning; owner of all Leadership & Professional Development training needs.
- Develops global learning standards, guidelines and processes; oversees the review and approval of content to deliver consistent learning experiences
- Drives the creation of innovative, best in class learning programs and journeys using different learning mediums (self-learning, instructor led learning, supplemental materials, experiential, interactive learnings) to drive desired outcomes.
- Leads the planning, design and delivery of leadership development tools and programs including, but not limited to training, coaching, 360 feedback, psychometrics and team performance models.
- Partners closely with HRBPs to align Talent Review, Succession, Development Planning and engagement inputs to drive strategy.
- Includes Diversity & Inclusion strategy and framework into all learning programs and identifies opportunities for continued development.
- Leads the development and execution of internship and rotational programs and identifies opportunities for additional programs aligned to business needs.
- Manages the communication strategy for all key learning programs and initiatives across the organization.
- Embeds feedback systems and rigorous evaluation methods into learning system and leadership programs to gauge the program’s impact on individual growth and organizational impact.
- Leads the continued development and enhancement of our Learning Dashboard and metrics, ensuring that we are evaluating the effectiveness of all learning and continuously seeking opportunities to improve.
- Drives the strategy associated and implementation of our Learning Management System
- Maintains strong understanding of trends in training, learning, and development both within and outside of the manufacturing industry; recommends and implements programs that incorporate new or modified topics, platforms, mediums, and approaches as needed.
- Leads Learning Specialists to effectively administer and execute against all talent and learning initiatives globally and in the respective regions they support.
- Coaches and develops the team by creating an environment of empowerment and accountability and providing opportunities for continuous growth and development.
- Facilitates learning events, as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- An understanding of adult learning principles and theories along with creativity and innovation in program design and delivery.
- Experience using a consulting approach to identify and build effective learning solutions.
- Flexible in accommodating all different time zones.
- Exceptional relationship building skills and can build and nurture trust quickly.
- Proven creative problem-solving skills – both on a regional and global level.
- Experience working across organizations, influencing, and collaborating with others successfully to implement programs.
- Strong project management skills and proven experience to manage projects from inception and launch to follow up.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Previous accountability for budgets, contract negotiations and outcomes as well as large complex projects/programs across a global organization is strongly preferred.
- Prior experience with oversight of strategy and ongoing administration of a Learning Management System
- Highly proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or other learning authoring software is a plus.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business, Education, or related degree
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Learning & Development
Reports to the CHRO
This position does have direct staff management responsibilities
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org