Location: Boise, Idaho
The Human Resource Manager will lead all HR function activities including hiring, administering compensation & benefits, enforcing company policies and practices. Partnering with business stakeholders to achieve company goals.
· Recruits, interviews, hires, and trains new staff in the department.
· Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
· Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
· Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
· Partners with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
· Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
· Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
· Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
· Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees.
· Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
· Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
· Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· Utilizes the HRIS system to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the other needs of the organization.
· Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs.
· Partners with leadership to communicate Human Resources policies, procedures, programs, and laws.
· Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
· Proven experience as an HR Generalist / HR Operations
· Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
· Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
· Experience of working in factory / plant / manufacturing unit is highly desirable
· Good knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. PeopleSoft / ADP) will be a plus
· Excellent communication and people skills
· Aptitude in problem-solving
· Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required. Master’s degree is preferred
· A minimum of five years of human resource management experience
· Professional HR Certification highly desired.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
· Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.