“Great people, Cool projects, Good work/life balance, Excellent work environment”
OpSec Security—the world leader in brand protection—safeguards the revenues and reputations of more than half of the Fortune 100 brands in the rapidly evolving digital world. Using a SaaS delivery model, advanced data technology, and domain expertise, OpSec Security addresses Brand, Piracy and Fraud risks that brands face due to the web’s anonymity, global reach, and shifting consumption patterns for digital content, physical goods, and services.
The Principal Software Engineer manages the overall delivery and quality of the output for the team. Principal Software Engineer is part of the team striving for innovations and continuous improvement. This role calls for a senior software engineer who has worked on a variety of projects using various technologies to implement solid, enterprise-grade business systems. In addition to a keen sense of usability and the ability to deliver workable solutions that put the user first, you should also have good working experience with leading an engineering team.
In this role, you will lead a team or project and collectively develop solid, scalable information systems including designing and implementing databases that support the continuously evolving needs of our clients and internal operational teams. Your main responsibility is to ensure that the information systems scale and support the new features your team is working to deliver. You will ensure that the team defines the right information systems all the way from the point where we collect the information, through to the Development, and it is your job to validate data integrity on all levels of the system flow.
What you Need:
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience working as a software engineer developing commercial software. Degree in Computer Science or related area (MSc strongly preferred).
- Experience in technically leading teams or projects. Ability to plan, organize, set correct priorities and good skills of coaching other people.
- Resourcefulness, problem-solving, and ability to act with confidence in non-standard situations. Strong sense of responsibility and commitment. Result-driven and customer/stakeholder-oriented.
- Programming framework/language: Java 8 and higher, Spring Boot; MySQL, Mongo
- RabbitMQ, SQS; Caching systems: Redis; Logging and Metric system: Elasticsearch, Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
- Experience with cloud technologies: AWS services with SQS, Elastic search, EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Lambda
- Experience using and developing Restful APIs. Service-oriented architectures and exposure to applications handling large volume of data while delivering high performance, E.G. utilising multithreading techniques.
It will be considered a strong plus if you have experience/interest for the following: Machine learning; Big data technologies, including non-relational databases; Mathematics and Statistics. Experience developing docker applications; Experience developing web based applications using Angular, Kendo UI, JQuery, Bootstrap.
What we Offer:
OpSec offers competitive benefits, tailored to each region in which we operate. In addition to benefits, our employees enjoy perks such as company-sponsored bonus plan, wellness programs, volunteer opportunities, regular team building and engagement events and learning and development opportunities.
We value diversity at our company. Everyone who applies with the qualifications will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org