The OpSec Security Group is a global, world-class provider of security, enhancement and protection solutions for commercial and government clientele alike. Our products and services protect literally billions of dollars of value every day around the world and our customers rely on us to give them peace of mind.
A vacancy has arisen for an IT Technical Support Analyst to be based at the Crowther facility in Washington, Tyne & Wear. The role is customer-oriented and the role holder will be responsible for ensuring a smooth-running IT operations and client support function for our European sites. There will be occasional travel to our other sites in Leicester (UK) and Munich (Germany).
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Serving as the first point of contact for our internal customers seeking technical support via helpdesk email and telephone
- Responsible for first-line support of computers, mobiles, and IP telephony
- Administrating Active Directory and ERP system users and access rights
- Liaising with our external software vendors to resolve complex issues
- Maintain imaging and configuration infrastructure (MDT)
- Monitoring the backup systems and performing data restore testing
- Documentation maintenance and promoting best practices in the IT organisation
- Reporting and analysis of helpdesk data to find patterns in support queries and researching and promoting solutions to these common problems
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the duties satisfactorily. The ideal candidate must have 1 year of IT support experience, with manufacturing environment experience being preferred. The applicant should have strong knowledge of Microsoft products such as Exchange Server, Windows, Office, and Terminal Services, as well as previous experience of enterprise backup software such as Veeam Backup & Recovery.
It would be advantageous if the applicant also possessed experience in Microsoft Intune MDM and SQL Server although this is not essential. Likewise, as this role has involvement with our Munich office, it would be useful if the candidate had German language skills but this is not a pre-requisite for the position.
This role reports directly into the IT Manager based in the Crowther facility. Working hours are Monday to Friday inclusive, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch each day.
A full job profile is available from the HR Department. Candidates who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up to date CV for the attention of Sarah Heaney HR Manager (Acting) at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 27 September 2019