A vacancy has arisen for a Health & Safety, Security and Environmental (HSSE) Advisor to be based at the Crowther site in Washington. The purpose of the role is to support UK Operations in relation to Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE). To support the HSSE department in addition to performing specific activities as outlined below in addition to any reasonable requests from the Group HSSE Manager.
The main duties and responsibilities are;
- Cover essential activities relating to the running and administration of the Site HSSE system in the absence for the Group HSSE Manager
- Management of all UK Audit systems
- To work as part of the HSSE team ensuring continuous improvement in standards are achieved and that information and training are accurately maintained and communicated.
- Support development and maintenance of a healthy and safe working environment.
- Support with projects relating to HSSE or Quality as directed by the Group HSSE Manager
Health & Safety
- Manage the Risk Assessment system, including carrying out Risk Assessments.
- Lead incident and accident investigations.
- Evaluate the need and arrange for Occupational Monitoring.
- Supporting the activities of the SHE works committee to ensure the timely completion of actions
- Administrate the access control system.
- Administrate the testing and inspection of security equipment.
- Monitoring of waste destruction.
- Conduct Audits covering the EMS, including Waste Management arrangements in addition to Permit and Consent controls to ensure ongoing legal compliance.
Candidates must hold a NEBOSH International Diploma in Health & Safety and be a qualified Integrated Internal Auditor. Experience of completing H&S risk assessments is essential combined with experience and understanding of ISO14001 and ISO45001 standards. The successful candidate will possess strong IT and communication skills alongside the ability to work independently and as part of a team. The desired candidate will also hold a NEBOSH certificate in Environmental Management, knowledge of Security standard ISO14298 and have relevant experience working in a chemical handling manufacturing work environment.
Working hours are Monday to Friday inclusive, 8.30am to 4.30pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch each day. Due to the nature of our business full background security checks, which include a credit check and basic criminal disclosure will be carried out prior to any offers of employment being made
A full job profile is available from the HR Department. Candidates who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up to date CV and covering letter for the attention of Sarah-Jane Heaney – HR Manager via email to email@example.com.