The Human Resource (HR) Manager will lead all HR activities for assigned territories/business units including talent acquisition, compensation and benefits, employee relations, learning and development, performance management, and enforcement of company policies and practices, partnering with business stakeholders to achieve company goals.
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Provide support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and overseeing employee disciplinary meetings and terminations
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff in the department; oversee the daily workflow of the department; provide constructive and timely performance evaluations; handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Work with the HR Manager – Compensation and Benefits to analyze trends in compensation and benefits; assist with researching and proposing competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Utilize the HRIS system to manage administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the needs of the organization
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs
- Monitor and drive participation in annual processes such as performance reviews, compensation and rewards, and headcount planning
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change
- Work with HR colleagues to identify ways to further share resources, create efficiencies and develop synergies in the HR function
- May create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees; build management responsibility and capability, defining what it means to successfully manage others in our organization
- Maintain compliance with applicable employment laws and regulations and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance; partner with leadership to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of employment/labor laws and regulations
- Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders to maximize outcomes
- Proven customer centric focus, understanding the impact of what we do, not just on internal customers but also on the end customers of OpSec
- Proficient in MS Office; HRIS systems experience (e.g. ADP) is a plus
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR management experience; proven experience as an HR Generalist/HR Operations
- Professional HR Certification highly desired
- Reports to a Senior HR Business Partner.
- This position DOES NOT have direct staff management responsibilities at this time, but could in the future.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.