The Human Resource Manager will lead all HR function activities including talent acquisition, compensation & benefits, employee relations, learning and development, performance management, and enforcement of company policies and practices, partnering with business stakeholders to achieve company goals.
- Recruit, interview, hire, and train new staff in the department; oversee the daily workflow of the department; provide constructive and timely performance evaluations; handle discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy
- Partner with the leadership team to understand and execute the organization’s human resource and talent strategy, particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning
- Provide support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and overseeing employee disciplinary meetings and terminations
- Manage the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborate with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings
- Analyze trends in compensation and benefits; research and propose competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent
- Create learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees; build management responsibility and capability, defining what it means to successfully manage others in our organization
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; review policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Utilize the HRIS system to eliminate administrative tasks, empower employees, and meet the needs of the organization
- Lead the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance development plans (PDPs) and employee development programs
- Monitor and drive participation in annual processes such as performance reviews, compensation and rewards, and headcount planning
- Partner with leadership to communicate HR policies, procedures, programs, and laws
- Determine and recommend employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation
- Support the cultural and people aspects of organizational change
- Work with HR colleagues to identify ways to further share resources, create efficiencies and develop synergies in the HR function
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of employment/labor laws and regulations
- Highly effective coaching and consulting skills with a proven track record in quickly gaining credibility and partnering collaboratively with business leaders to maximize outcomes
- Proven customer centric focus, understanding the impact of what we do, not just on internal customers but also on the end customers of OpSec
- Proficient in MS Office; HRIS systems experience (e.g. PeopleSoft / ADP) is a plus
- Desire to work as a team with a results driven approach
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR management experience; proven experience as an HR Generalist/HR Operations
- Experience working in factory/plant/manufacturing environment
- Professional HR Certification highly desired
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- Must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facilities.
For nearly forty years, global brands, institutions and governments have relied on OpSec Security to ensure the integrity of goods and documents. In a world of rising fraud and black-market alternatives we are the layer of truth that powers revenue-generating relationships. This is only possible through a unique combination of proven security experience, deep industry expertise, the market’s broadest range of solutions, and a commitment to ongoing innovation. For more information, please visit www.opsecsecurity.com.
It is the policy of OpSec Security, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OpSec Security, Inc. will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.