We are currently seeking a HR Assistant/Administrator to be based at our site in Washington, UK. The role is for a period of 6 months. You would be required to undertake HR administration activities and support the HR Officer and other employees as needed to ensure the efficient, accurate and timely completion of the HR function.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the updating of the training matrix/database
- Support the absence management process, which could include arranging reviews, drafting invitation/outcome letters etc.
- Collate absence data
- Support with the new starter process and exit management process
- Ensuring occupational health of employees is monitored and any issues dealt with
- Maintaining employee records
- Assisting with recruitment and selection process
- Liaising with line managers regarding attendance, holidays and sickness queries
- Process monthly information for Payroll, Timecards etc.
- Assist with time and attendance system maintenance and preparation of reports
- Preparation of HR paperwork i.e. contract changes, offers of employment, change in circumstances etc
Skills and Experience
- Previous experience within an administrative role essential
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent I.T. Skills – Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
- The ability to work accurately paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self-motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
Working hours are Monday to Friday inclusive, 20 hours per week. However, the role holder will be required to possess a flexible approach to hours, in accordance with the needs of the business.
Candidates who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up-to-date CV and covering letter for the attention of Jenny Hindhaugh – HR Officer, via email to Jhindhaugh@opsecsecurity.com.