Work closely with Sales Directors, PLM, Sales Support Executive and manufacturing to provide customers with creative and innovative design proposals, manufacturing artwork, and also includes the design of low security holograms. To provide additional design resource when required for other departmental needs.
- To become fully versed with the range of brand enhancement products, and actively involved in the development of new designs and ideas.
- To become proficient in designing low security/branded holograms for apparel applications.
- To create design proposals and artwork to the specifications defined by the project, to agreed deadlines.
- Co-ordinate and communicate project progress with Sales Directors, PLM, Sales Support Executive and manufacturing.
- Liaise with D&O Manager and creative team to maintain good communication, and report monthly on projects completed.
- To continually develop existing skills and knowledge and to have the ability to be flexible within the department, responding to the changing demands of workloads.
- To design garment brand enhancement products such as woven labels, swing/hang tags and packaging within the fashion industry. Provide creative and innovative designs based on briefs set by customers, Sales Directors, PLM (Product Line Managers) and Sales Support Executive.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong design skills, focussed on quality print and trim products.
- Understanding of print manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Understanding of industry colour systems and materials.
- Presentation skills to describe the content of work produced to clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- The ability to work accurately paying close attention to detail is essential.
- Possess a positive and professional manner, willing to be customer facing when required.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and prioritise tasks.
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it
- Must be able to fit into a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of utmost importance
Education and Experience:
- Should hold GCSE “C” grade or above (or equivalent) in Maths and English, ND or above in Graphic Design also beneficial
- Experience with 3D design and/or animation packages would be an advantage.
- Excellent Software skills – Adobe Creative Suite, Word, Excel, Outlook etc
- Reports to the Design and Origination Manager
- Create and maintain open, honest and effective professional relationships, within OpSec covering the facility, sales and manufacturing.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- Maintain communication with relevant entities including site visits when required.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.