A vacancy has arisen for an Enterprise Architect to be based at our site in Washington (UK) or Leicester.
The role is not for those who shrink from challenges. We have one of the most technically challenging problems that we are solving and we are looking for a world-class technical problem solver and seasoned architect who is passionate to become our Enterprise Architect. Super powers are optional, but highly considered.
The ideal candidate for the role needs to bring hands-on architecture leadership, guidance and mentoring a team of truly impassioned and persistently curious engineers, be a close collaborator and trusted advisor to the VP of Global Software Engineering, and ensure the delivery of world-leading, robust and scalable solutions.
We are looking for a seasoned architect who is experienced with building new applications from scratch, as well as the ability to effectively refactor and integrate existing applications and strong understanding of Big Data and Analytics. An ideal candidate will be a thought-leader, with real-world business common sense, the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate across functions.
The efforts of the Enterprise Architect will help our clients fight serious online problems including web traffic diversion, counterfeiting, piracy and brand defamation. The candidate should have exceptional communication and negotiation skills, combined with experience guiding software and quality engineers and analysts in implementing production quality solutions.
- Define a robust, scalable & stable architecture for existing platforms as well as building new applications
- Provide technical leadership to the development teams
- Build early prototypes of product components and validate them for technical design and performance
- Build technical efficiencies and improvements in handling and consuming huge volumes of data
- Understand the long-term business objectives and suggest technical strategies to meet those objectives by introducing innovation through technology
- Be a strong communicator of the architectural blueprints of our product to mobilise the rest of the organisation to build solutions that fit our customer’s needs
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting our product architecture as customer requirements, market conditions and technology evolve
- Partner with others inside and outside the engineering organization to gather all requirements to formulate appropriate architecture required to provide system functionality, deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at a mutually acceptable solution
- Work with the development team to translate the software architecture into design
- Actively participate in the development process
- Work closely with product management, engineering, quality assurance, sales and professional services teams throughout the organisation
- 10+ years’ experience in hands-on development, application design in the delivery of software products
- 5+ years in an architect role in previous large scale software development projects, preferably SaaS delivery model
- 5+ years in managing high volumes of data from collecting to processing and integration
- BS required. Advanced degree (e.g. Masters in Computer Science) is preferred
- Comfortable in communicating architecture to all levels of management and customers - Excellent knowledge of software development methodologies and processes
- Track record that includes the design and release of high quality, high performance enterprise software product / application
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong time management, organization, and prioritisation skills - Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and prospects
- Expertise in technology areas of Java, Frontend frameworks like Angular, UI/UX libraries like Kendo, Web Services, XML, SOAP, XSL, HTML / DHTML, HTTP
- Search engines: Elasticsearch (primary) Apache Solr (secondary)
- Thorough understanding of relational database design, OLAP and good understanding of NoSQL databases Mongo, Cassandra
- Hands on experience with L1/L2 cache and designing and building load balancers
- Hands-on experience with Microservices, Containers (Docker), Mesos and Marathon orchestrations
- Highly motivated with the ability to work on a multiple projects simultaneously
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week with 30 minutes unpaid lunch each day. A full job profile is available from the HR Department. Candidates who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up to date CV and covering letter for the attention of Sarah-Jane Heaney – HR Manager (Acting) via email firstname.lastname@example.org