Position Summary: Perform a variety of duties to operate die cutting machine, including setting up label applicators, inserting dies and aligning registrations, setting up and operating inkjet numbering systems, converting, and inspecting and packing finished product according to customer specifications and job instructions.
- Set image counter, timing, tensions, alignment, widths, dies and web stock.
- Load rolls and web material and operate machine, label and die cut material to specifications, while stripping away the matrix.
- Work close to tolerances to achieve smooth cutting.
- Inspect finished goods product to individual customer specifications
- Work from blueprints, production orders, process and data control sheets, specifications, drawings, manuals, standard practices and procedures as well as other written and oral instructions.
- Follow all quality and security protocol including inspection of product, splicing techniques, winding criteria, product labeling and disposition of product.
- Examine product for defects such as incorrect timing, spots, streaks, scratches, wrinkles, voids, and general degradation of product quality as compared to target quality and correct as necessary.
- Maintain clear separation of products per job and/or lot number, and label all in-process jobs with job number and lot number.
- Complete necessary paperwork during and at the end of each job to ensure proper recording of time and materials, including final product count, overrun estimate and packaging used.
- Consult with Quality personnel regarding questions on product appearance, performance and/or deviations from standards.
- Follow the proper procedures for handling security product and disposition of waste.
- Keep all operating areas neat and organized.
- Cross-train on all types of converting machinery.
- Assist and instruct less experienced persons in procedures and routines.
- Prepare inspection sheets, maintain machines, and empty clipping bags. Always maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Actively communicate and report unusual or problem circumstances to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use the following equipment: die cutting machine, label applicators, counting system, encoder counting system, rewinder, Imaje numbering system, strobe lights, anti-static bar, venturi trim removal system, shredder removal system, ink jet computer, rulers, dials, gauges, scales, calculators, and laser devices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read a ruler to 1/64th” scale.
Education and Experience:
- Experience setting up and operating small-size equipment.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.