A vacancy has arisen for a Development Technologist to be based at the Crowther site in Washington.
The purpose of the role is to undertake existing and new product development activities in line with business strategy. This will involve laboratory and pilot scale development leading to full scale production trials.
The main duties and responsibilities are:
- Undertake product development activities as required to support the current product range and develop new products in line with business strategy
- Product development activities to include laboratory formulation work mainly targeting lacquers and adhesives, plus the combining of various coatings to meet customer product requirements
- Manage on-site and customer trials as required
- Manage multiple projects efficiently and in a timely manner adhering to quality, health, safety and environment policies at all times
- Ensure thorough validation of new and modified products prior to manufacturing implementation
- Contribute towards developing laboratory processes and procedures
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities associated with new and existing products and processes
- Develop into a position to provide technical expertise to the sales and sales support teams
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with raw material suppliers, customer contacts and key personnel at other Opsec sites
The successful candidate must be able to perform each of the duties satisfactorily and be able to accommodate an ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it.
Candidates must be educated to degree level in chemistry, polymer science, material science or related subject. Experience of formulating solvent and/or water-based lacquers and adhesives would be desirable but not essential. The successful candidate will possess strong IT skills and preferably have some experience in design of experiment (DOE). Strong communication skills and ability to work in an environment where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of the utmost importance is essential.
Working hours are Monday to Friday inclusive, 8.00am to 4.00pm with 30 minutes unpaid lunch each day. Some UK and global travel may be required to support customer field trials.
Due to the nature of our business full background security checks, which include a credit check and basic criminal disclosure will be carried out prior to any offers of employment being made.
A full job profile is available from the HR Department. Candidates who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up to date CV and covering letter for the attention of Sarah-Jane Heaney – HR Manager via email to email@example.com