Position Summary: Perform a variety of duties to operate slitting machine, including utilizing camera and computer equipment to edit for quality, slitting material into proper widths-lengths, and packing and labeling finished goods according to customer specifications and job instructions.
- Set image counter, timing, tensions, alignment, widths, blade carriage and web stock.
- Load rolls and web material and operate machine, including slitting and rewinding material to specifications.
- Continuously inspect for defects such as incorrect timing, coating flaws, scratches, spots, creases and haze.
- Operate and monitor camera equipment to ensure proper reading of labels and production of quality product.
- Work close to tolerances to achieve smooth cutting.
- Cut label reels; indicate splices and other required data.
- Work from blueprints, production orders, process and data control sheets, specifications, drawings, manuals, standard practices and procedures as well as other written and oral instructions.
- Cross-train on all types of converting machinery.
- Assist and instruct less experienced persons in procedures and routines.
- Prepare inspection sheets, maintain machines, and empty clipping bags. Always maintain a clean and neat work area.
- Actively communicate and report unusual or problem circumstances to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to use the following equipment: slitting machine, air fife guide, laser registration, counting system, encoder counting system, rewinder, camera equipment, computers, strobe lights, anti-static bar, venturi trim removal system, shredder removal system, rulers, dials, gauges, scales, calculators, and laser devices.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to read a ruler to 1/64th” scale.
Education and Experience:
- Experience setting up and operating small-size equipment.
- HS diploma or GED.
- Reports to the Shift Supervisor.
- This position does not have direct staff management responsibilities at this time.
Environment Job Requirements and Working Conditions:
- All prospective employees must pass a background screening check prior to commencing employment.
- This role involves closely monitoring processes that use strobe lights for extended periods.
OpSec Security is a well-established and recognized global leader in the provision of physical, digital and online anti-counterfeiting and brand protection solutions. Employing approximately 1,000 colleagues it operates from multiple locations including business hubs in the USA, UK and has other sales and support offices in the EU and the Far East. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities. OpSec is on a very steep growth curve with a big agenda embracing significant marketing opportunities.
It is the policy of OpSec Security to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.