We are currently inviting applications for employment from those interested in working at OpSec’s manufacturing facility in Washington (UK).
To operate as a flexible member of the packing team, carrying out the required processes to accepted standards of quality and output. This involves packing a variety of goods for external customers and assisting in the disposal and control of security waste produced on site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain and, wherever possible, continuously improve upon operational performance and standards of quality, housekeeping and health and safety.
- To understand and follow Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), approved quality standards and job specification documents.
- To understand and follow the Despatch List so that orders are despatched in the required sequence.
- Be responsible for the quality of work carried out throughout the packing and despatch process before being sent to the final customer.
- To assist in the disposal and control of security waste on site. This can be by means of manual destruction and machine use.
- To participate in training as and when required in order to maintain and improve the range of skills and knowledge required to meet the ongoing needs of the business.
- To be responsible for the health and safety of people within the area covered by the job holder by ensuring that safe and healthy practices are followed and that all aspects of company, site and legal occupational health and safety requirements are met.
Knowledge, Skills/Attributes and Experience
- Previous experience in working within a packing, stores or warehousing environment is essential.
- Previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment is desirable.
- IT Literate - must be able to use MS Word and MS Excel.
- Previous computer systems experience, for example an ERP system used to book in and out product for stock control and traceability, is desirable.
- Excellent numeric and communication skills.
- Must be capable of producing work to a very high level of quality to tight deadlines.
- A current Counterbalance Fork Lift Truck licence would be advantageous.
- Open minded approach and willingness to both create suggestions for improvement and undertake ideas from others.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability and confidence to decide on quality of own work, using known standards.
- Must have the ability to multi task, be self motivated and able to work autonomously as well as in a team environment.
- Flexibility to accommodate ever-changing working environment and demands placed upon it.
- Possess a positive, professional, can do attitude.
- Must be able to fit in to a culture where teamwork, empowerment and dedication are of utmost importance.
This role is currently required on a 2-shift capacity and will therefore rotate between 6.00am to 2.00pm and 2.00pm to 10.00pm respectively. However, the role holder will be required to possess a flexible approach to hours, changing shift when necessary with reasonable notice and in accordance with the needs of the business.
Those who feel they can meet the requirements should submit an up to date CV and covering letter to Sarah-Jane Heaney at OpSec Security Ltd, 40 Phoenix Road, Crowther, Washington, NE38 0AD or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 12 January 2018